Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Freedom


Sitting on a private beach in North Carolina, I saw her. She was beautiful, muscular, and strong. She was a Palomino. Her cream-colored Maine, flowing freely in the wind as she ran through the rushing waters of the sea. I could almost feel the ocean waters as it crashed up against her heels. She was beautiful in the wildest sense. She was free, untamed, unbridled, running with the waves of the ocean. I looked to where she was running and the light is shown down upon her, from the lighthouse, illuminating her, making her Maine shine underneath a midnight sky. Swiftly she ran without fear. The waves of the ocean seemed to almost overtake her as she crashed through them. She was running toward the lighthouse. Suddenly, I realized that palomino was me!


By: Bernice Bowling

No comments:

Post a Comment