Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Heart's Song




My Heart's Song


Pain exists in worlds of 

what could have been

And the chains of internal prisons 

I cry forever not to exist

Everything to go black

Nothing to be missed


Lord, I am tired

Don't you see

I feel the pain and misery

I want to be free

I lift up my eyes to thee

From only you comes my help


My heart is drowning

In sorrow

No one to save me,

Help lift me up

Everyone has closed their eyes

No one to help me cry


They don't understand

I don't know how to explain

I need someone to listen

To help ease the pain


Sometimes, too weak to fight

Tired of fighting

I am not giving up,

Just trying to rest

Needing shelter from it all

Please be my shelter


Right now, I don't even know how to stand up.

Instead I can only kneel

Feeling lost

Helpless, and alone

Please help me to feel alive again

With joy, and a reason to live

Making my smile  like sunshine

Warm and friendly


Take away the dark side

Leave nothing bad behind

Give me peace.

Let depression leave


Where is this nothingness?

Where did it come from?

Take it away

Give purpose

Allow me to stay,

To pray

My son needs me


Fulfilling my purpose for whatever you sent

Even though I can't see it now

I know that it's real

You are real

You give me hope

My God alone can save me


By: Bernice Bowling


No comments:

Post a Comment