Thursday, October 13, 2011

Two Advils In One Hand And A Chocolate Chicken In Another




Two Advils In One Hand And  A Chocolate Chicken In Another


Steely knives stabbing away at my insides

Hateful as a bear skinned alive

Trying to hide what I am feeling

Oh my goodness, how painful this existence

Pain making my hands shake

As I try not to bite the heads off these chocolate chickens


I bite the chickens' heads off anyway and spit them out

Where's me another?

Pain, gloves and Advil

Maybe a little love and sympathy...... NOT

At least not from this bunch

Hell hath no fury like a woman in pain 

Where did my love go?

It will come back with more Advil, lol.


Hand me my Pepsi

Anybody got anymore, chickens?

A dog or two maybe a cat or a bird?

What? Where did everybody go?

Don't run and hide?

Anybody got a Billy goat?


When will it end?

I hate this pure pain

 nobody understands

My time is worse than everyone else's.

How could it not be?

Everyone else can function.

Not me.


I need a heating pad, medication, and chocolate chickens

To get me through once a month

When it all returns

Who to strangle?

Adam?

The snake?

Or Eve?


By Bernice Bowling


No comments:

Post a Comment