Monday, May 27, 2013

Daddy's Legacy He Left Behind




There was love in daddy's heart when he drove me back and forth to school all those years. There was love in daddy's heart when he would sit on the floor, and play dolls with me as a child. There was love in daddy's heart when he would drive all over to get me that special toy or gift I wanted for Christmas or that certain brand of soup or kind of cookie. There was love in daddy's heart when he would worry about me being out late at night. There was love in daddy's heart each time he prayed for me even though he wasn't saved. There was love in daddy's heart when he quit driving that cold truck after he wrecked when I was around five years old. There was love in daddy's heart with each painful step he took. There was love in daddy's heart from the time I was born. There was love!


By: Bernice Bowling

My daddy was able to pray before he died. Praise the Lord! He prayed!


No comments:

Post a Comment